Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern

I recently signed up for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, an event that happens every November in which writers try to write a novel of 50,000 words in one month), and I received NaNoMail (a clever way of saying a message from someone associated with NaNoWriMo) from one Erin Morgenstern. Morgenstern was a past NaNoWriMo participant and recently released her debut novel, The Night Circus. The Night Circus has been described by critics as Harry Potter and Twilight given its magic and star-crossed romance. Apparently, it's supposed to be the next big thing.

I don't know if I believe that, but it certainly sounds like an interesting read, and this is the first time a(n almost) famous novelist has sent me an email (albeit, a mass-produced one). So here's a note to myself and anyone else who's interested to pick up this book once it trickles down to libraries across America. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment