Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami

I was reading Norwegian Wood today (shout out to Elana). Didn't get too far. I read it at the end of the day after my psych test. While I haven't gotten fully engrossed in the plot, I really do love the language. It's just so good! It's hard to choose my favorite quotes because I try to not choose more than one quote per page. But look forward to my quotes this week. They'll be extremely koala tea. Extremely. Thanks to Haruki Murakami and whoever translated Norwegian Wood. It's a really good translation, and there's a lot more attention to detail as far as getting those lovely little phrases that make my little literary heart sing than there is in Battle Royale, though Battle Royale definitely dives into the plot a lot more quickly, but I digress.

So here's the main point of this post. Sorry it took so long. I found something online that pertained to my current reading. Thought it was pretty cool. And here it is. How to write like Haruki Murakami. You're welcome.

Also, I'll probably be writing an expanded version of a Norwegian Wood post after I read more of it tomorrow. I know the anticipation's just killing you, but calm yourselves.

1 comment:

  1. The anticipation is killing me! So glad you're reading it and enjoying it. My quotes of the week are always from his books.

    ReplyDelete